Sunday, February 28, 2016

Adventure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    The past 10 days I have been on more adventures than the entire past year. We set off two Wednesdays ago to Masada. After a long bus ride, and nowhere near enough sleep, we woke up practically in the middle of he night to embark on the hike up Masada. To say it was hard is an understatement; it was one of the most difficult things I've ever done, but seeing the sun rise over the Dead Sea can't be compared to anything. It was one of the most beautiful things I've been lucky enough to observe and we got some pretty sick pictures. The next day, we started off with a hike leading to a natural spring, and later headed off to a relaxing few hours at the Dead Sea.
    It seemed like the most relaxing vacation of our lives until we stepped off the bus at Gadna two days later. Our little glimpse at army life was eye-opening for all of us. Personally, I really enjoyed these few days and got a lot out of it. However, when Thursday morning rolled around, I was more than ready to head down to Eilat. We spent three amazing, fun-filled days exploring the boardwalk, snorkeling, and of course working on our tans on the beach. Despite this being a fun break from school, I can definitely say that I learned so much more than I thought possible from a vacation like this. It was so incredibly fun to explore the country that I grew up in and sadly haven't been to in so long. It was educational, eye-opening, and all sorts of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment