Monday, May 2, 2016

Take a hike!

    50 kilometers. That's a lot of kilometers. It's also the distance from one edge of Israel to the other. So yes, numerous kilometers. Last week, along with my best friends I walked & biked all of those kilometers. We began at the Kineret and ended at the Mediterranean Sea. Throughout this journey, we camped out every night, cooked our own meals in the wild, and dealt with extreme conditions at times. Most importantly though, we did it.
    When this trip was described to us my first thought was "haha, yeah right". I thought there was no possibility of me completing it. As we rolled onto a piece of land that overlooked the Mediterranean from close up, I remembered that feeling. Thinking that I wouldn't be able to do it. It sunk in that I really did it, that I really hiked across the country. Running down to the sand and jumping in the water then looking around and seeing my amazing friends jumping with excitement around me was the most rewarding part of this entire journey. We had done it together. Through the fun times and the really hard times (falling, spilling our breakfast and almost burning down a forest, feeling scared) we toughed it out and took on the adventure of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment